Monday, May 28, 2012

Miriam Haskell Bracelet Update: Russian Gold Plate Flower Filigree Identification


I’m busy sorting through our recent purchase of metal findings from the Miriam Haskell warehouse, see my blog post here.


And guess what? I found some of the same filigrees that are used in a Miriam Haskell pearl bracelet I am fortunate to own. See my bracelet blog post here.


Here are the filigrees together with the bracelet filigree… We have a match! 


In this bracelet, the Haskell oval plaque is soldered to one filigree. There is a second filigree on the back, both held together with jump rings, right before the clasp.

Both my bracelet filigree and the Haskell warehouse filigrees are plated with Russian gold plate, a type of 24K gold plating used in vintage Haskell pieces. The bracelet filigree and the warehouse filigrees are dramatically different in color, showing how this type of plating can age over time.  For more, see my blog post about Russian gold plate here 


We now offer new antiqued brass tiny flower bead caps just like those in my bracelet…


And we also carry various vintage Miriam Haskell glass pearls, also originally purchased at the Miriam Haskell Company warehouse.

I’ll keep researching our Miriam Haskell findings to see if I can discover examples of how they were used, I’ll keep you posted!


1 comment:

  1. thank you for your qp, such a great layout, also your ct's pages are great, i just may have to scraplift them.
    Visit: Best Filigree Jewelry Rings

    ReplyDelete