Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Time Flies. Three Muses. Bracelet With Vintage Czech Watch Bead




This is my entry for this week's challenge, time, at the Three Muses.  
Working title: "Time Flies".


Oh my, this challenge was a challenge on every level imaginable. You know how sometimes there are challenges or topics that just ask a bit more of you?  Well this was one of those for me.  Fortunately I just received a shipment of some absolutely gorgeous vintage beads from Prague, including these lovely 1940's watch beads.  I was determined to figure out how to use them. These are 2 holed beads, something I have never worked with, so that was a great learning experience.  This piece went through several iterations, as time flew by, and finally ended up as this bracelet. 

6 comments:

  1. Wow this is stunning.
    Incredible work. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you stuck with it because this bracelet is absolutely stunning! I am always in awe of artists who are able to make such wonderful creations. Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was worth all your work; it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen a watch bead. It looks stunning as the centrepiece for your exquisite bracelet. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete