Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Art Journal Pages Using July's Free Digital Images from Bumbershoot Designs and Supplies


I've been promising myself for a long time that I would do some art journaling, and as a birthday present to myself, I have begun.  To make it easier to begin, I'm working on pages that are about 6x6 inches, a size I like for making art quilts. I have a kraft colored journal, I like the organic brown color and already there are no white pages to overcome.


These particular pages are not finished, but I wanted to share them since I used the digital images we are providing free to Bumbershoot Supplies and Designs newsletter subscribers this month. I have some Victorian calling cards that are most unusual in that they are desert scenes.  Jim sized them so they can be used as a base for artist trading cards (ATCs) and inchies. I printed the images out on card stock and used both sizes on these pages. The larger image above is only attached along the side, so it is a flap that can be lifted and you could journal under or even on the back of the flap.


I created a mosaic border on the opposite page, using the inchie sized images and some small rubber stamps from Inkadinkado. On both pages I have glued down some tiny sapphire glass star flower cabochons as accents.


So far, so good.  Now this two page spread is ready for whatever comes next. 


No comments:

Post a Comment