Friday, July 16, 2010

New at Bumbershoot Designs. Vintage Fiery Opal Stud Earrings


Sometimes less is more.
That's why I offer several stud earring designs at Bumbershoot Designs.

These newest vintage stud earrings feature vintage Czech glass cabochons that were made to mimic opals.  I love these cabs because the overall color, a golden pinkish hue, is really exciting and the flecks in the cabs vary, so every pair of earrings is essentially unique.  Some will have green flecks, some will not, some pairs will have a spot of blue...

They are petite wonders to me.  This is the first vintage glass stud earring design for Bumbershoot Designs, as I continue to work with vintage glass cabochons in various ways.  There are several other vintage stud earring designs at Bumbershoot Designs, many featuring vintage mother of pearl, a gorgeous natural material and one I love to work with... 


and these ones with real pearls from 1960's Japan, hand sewn into flowers. Most of my stud earrings use sterling silver posts, but on these, the posts are vintage too.


Here's hoping I will find some time for more designing this weekend!
I hope you enjoy your weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment