Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Featured Artist. Alona Freeman of lonkoosh on Etsy


These wonderfully romantic vintage inspired jewelry designs are by Alona Freeman and are available at her Etsy shop, lonkoosh.


I’m glad to have an opportunity to feature Alona’s work because I have admired it for some time. I often lurk at lonkoosh, just to see what new vintage treasures she has obtained and how she has put them together into her unique artistic designs.


Alona’s designs are like viewing a mini curated collection of vintage components, beautifully arranged and displayed. She uses vintage cabochons, buttons, rhinestones, earring components, and various metals as focal pieces and components to create wearable collages, each one full of vintage flair.
Many of Alona’s designs are one-of-a-kind or extremely limited editions.


I think one of the reasons Alona’s designs appeal to me is because I often have a hard time deciding which of my vintage trinkets I like the best. With Alona’s designs, I would not have to choose – I could wear the rhinestones and the buttons and the flowers and the cabochons and the filigree all together at the same time!


I know I’m not the only one attracted to Alona’s designs because her work has been featured on the front page of Etsy many times.
I’ve focused on sharing Alona’s vintage collage jewelry here because the pieces are so remarkable, but there are many other lovely jewelry designs available at lonkoosh, such as this necklace…


And this bracelet…


I hope you will enjoy a visit to lonkoosh. You will be transported to a place of vintage romance, soft colors, and many, many flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment