Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Miriam Haskell Flower Cameo Cabochons at Bumbershoot Supplies


At Bumbershoot Supplies, we are very interested in the provenance and history of the vintage supplies we offer. For this reason, I am constantly researching our supplies to learn as much about them as I can. On the weekend, I was again reviewing one of my resources, this book...


And what did I find on page 353?



This signed Miriam Haskell pendant and earrings set. The pendant features a gorgeous vintage glass flower cameo cabochon. And guess what! We now carry these cabochons at Bumbershoot Supplies!


These are exquisite flower cabochons. They have a decal transfer expertly applied to white glass, and then white accents were hand painted on top of the decal. These truly beautiful pieces are in mint condition, and the delicate hand painting really elevates them to something special.

Many of the items we sell at Bumbershoot Supplies were sold to me as Miriam Haskell stock, especially our vintage glass pearls. But I hesitate to label them as Haskell unless I have further verification. So I'm really excited to be able to say that these flower cabochons are the same ones that the Miriam Haskell Company used in some of their designs.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to tell you that I really appreciate the history you give behind your pieces. I sell at a local vintage shop & our customers always love knowing what where the items come from. I'm trying to include a little note on everything this month. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete