Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Look What I Found. Wired Flowers from Vintage Japan


Aren't these beautiful?
These are hand wired vintage Japanese flowers, complete with crystal leaf beads.
I just love being in the business of searching out vintage components for Bumbershoot Designs and Supplies. I'm not much of a shopper in general, but oh, the pleasure of discovering yet another vintage treasure, each one so delightful and unique, and never to be made again...it's a fabulous treasure hunt that I get to go on every day. 


These flowers have sat on my work table for several days now, as I enjoy their presence and contemplate what their future looks like.
I recently received some vintage-style scent lockets, designed to look like vintage lockets with pierced fronts, to hold a piece of cotton or cloth daubed with perfume.  Ala Miriam Haskell, perhaps it is possible to wire these flowers onto such a locket.  Looks rather like a winged heart to me. What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment