Friday, March 12, 2010

Featured Artist: Olivia Suero Velasco


It is my pleasure to share with you the work of Olivia Suero Velasco.  I learned of Olivia's work after she purchased vintage glass cabochons and vintage ivory roses from Bumbershoot Supplies, then sent me a link to her blog where she is posting and selling her creations.

Given my mixed media perspective, I find the mix of metal, glass and fiber really appealing.


Olivia is Spanish, and so is her shop blog, but don't let that stop you from heading over for a look.  Her presentation is creative and artistic - many of her designs are photographed on backgrounds of beautifully sketched female nudes, drawn by Olivia. 


Her photography is beautiful and her designs highlight the vintage glass cabochons, and they just glow.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment