Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Three Muses. You Are What You Eat


This is my response to this week's Three Muses challenge, "you are what you eat".  And I eat a lot, A LOT, of chocolate. I have a studio chocolate bowl... I love just about everything that is chocolate, including the chocolate wrappers...

This is an ATC made of fabric paper - where I have collaged layers of paper chocolate wrappers onto muslin, added metallic threads, put on an overlay of netting, then burned, stamped paint circles, stitched, and used some vintage embellishments: ribbon, beads, and a mother of pearl button turned to show the mottled shell on the back. Like a little white chocolate, with drizzles.


Luckily, Seattle is home to a number of great chocolate companies, such as Seattle ChocolatesFran's Chocolates, and my favorite local company, Theo Chocolate.

If you visited my post for last week's Three Muses challenge, you know I also love tea.  With tea and chocolate together - oh my, life is fine indeed!

7 comments:

  1. Sharon, your ability to make such wonderful art out of such mundane things confounds me! I hope some of your art makes its way to the walls of a fine art museum someday.

    cr :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this fabric paper looks gorgeous!! art + chocolate + tea: you really are a lucky girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Sharon, I am so impressed by this beautifully ingenious fabric paper ATC. Is there a better reason to eat chocolate than this? A standing ovation is in order I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant paper/fabric artistry. A royal tribute to chocolate! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon, you are a girl after my own heart. I did so want to do chocolate for my piece, but I couldn't come up with an idea. You have successfully done a gorgeous, delicious work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This fabric paper ATC looks fabulous! Great composition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you used fabric..it looks WOW!

    ReplyDelete