Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Look What I Found. Vintage Beaded Trim, Vintage Beads, Wired Glass Flowers and Leaves


I have been sharing some items from my personal collection that I think are just spectacular examples of vintage design and workmanship.  This is the last of my wired trims.  It is white glass leaves with lovely delicate periwinkle flower beads, individually wired together.


It dates to occupied Germany (1945-1949). A bit dusty, but really beautiful. To see other wired trims and unique finds, click on "Look What I Found" in the right sidebar. One of these days, I'm going to see if I can reproduce these trims.  I think it would be a fabulous design exercise as well as a wonderful way to feel connected to the era and the artisans who made these wonderful vintage supplies and materials.

1 comment:

  1. You find the neatest treasures, Sharon! Can't help but wonder what original use these beauties were created for. If you can recreate this, you have way more patience and talent than I have!

    cr

    ReplyDelete