Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wearing This Tonight. Necklace With 1930's Glass Vintage Beads, Sterling Silver



Tonight I am going to see the Seattle Symphony perform Handel's Messiah.


This is one of my absolute favorite pieces of seasonal music and I have never attended a live performance. I'm really looking forward to it.


What makes it even better is that I am attending with my daughter Emma, who, having performed with the Seattle Symphony a few years ago, is now reviewing the Symphony's performance for Seattle's Teen Arts program, Teen Tix. This is a wonderful program that provides discounted arts tickets to Seattle teens. Emma has been one of their arts reviewers for a few years now.


It will be fun to get dressed up since I don't do that very often. I will be wearing one of my own designs, this necklace, which is a cascade of silvered amethyst bugle beads, a bit more purple than my photos captured. These beads were purchased in Paris and are Czech in origin, made in the 1930's. They came to me with individual looped wires through each bead. I created 10 strands of linked beads, each strand with 36 beads and finished the necklace with sterling silver findings. So, 360 linkages to make, and then check again for quality control. It took a while, but it was worth it, I think. I love the subtle silvery shimmer of the bugle beads in the light.



4 comments:

  1. absolutely stunning!!! What a special evening you will have.
    Christmas Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am a fan of Handel's 'Messiah'. It is glorious.
    Have a wonderful, wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann: Thanks for visiting! It was a special evening indeed! I feel uplifted still. Best wishes for a happy holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silverlight: It was so wonderful to see an in person performance. It was beyond words, I won't even try :) Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete