Thursday, April 15, 2010

Featured Artist. Chantal Regis of Creolane on Etsy


I'm happy to share with you the work of Chantal Regis of Creolane on Etsy.
Chantal purchased some vintage Swarovski crystal beads in a gorgeous apple green. Then she left feedback about her purchase that made me laugh out loud.  I simply had to go over to her shop to see what she was doing with the beads! And here is what I found in her brand new Etsy shop....
 
 
I love Chantal's combination of materials and textures, and also how she mixes vintage beads and components with contemporary ones. 
The other aspect of her work that is interesting to me is that she sometimes alters her supplies to meet her needs, for example these earrings in which she has painted the brass to achieve the aged appearance:
 
 
If you visit Chantal's shop, be sure to notice her shop banner also - it's a band of shimmering color, mezmerizing!
 

1 comment:

  1. oh those are so lovely....

    it must be nice first of all to see what your supplies get turned into...
    and second, I just wanted to say how very nice it is of you to feature these creations here on your blog...

    i still haven't had the heart to start using my cute little rolls of teal crochet thread...they make me so happy to look at...
    but i'll do it soon!

    thanks for coming by!
    ciao bella
    creative carmelina was here!

    ReplyDelete