Friday, May 7, 2010

New at Bumbershoot Supplies. Shabby Chic Vintage Metal Tiny Enamel Flowers



Have you seen the new publication, Jewelry Affaire, by Stampington?
On page 116, you will see Sugar Post Earrings by Pastel Petals, featuring enamel flowers just like these, offered in the vintage findings, charms section of Bumbershoot Supplies.



These flowers are really beautiful and versatile.  One swift smack with a hammer on my bench block and they were completely transformed, now two dimensional and ready for a different type of jewelry application and also perfect for paper arts in which a 2 dimensional presentation may be required. 


We also offer flowers with tiny stems, which don't hammer precisely flat, but are wonderful for creating miniature bouquets and unique charms.  See my vintage envelope locket necklace for an example of how you can use these. 


And if you are like me, you may not restrict yourself to 2 dimensions when working in the paper and fibre arts. I love to add unique 3D embellishments to my designs, and dangles on tags or bookmarks, for example, are another use for these lovely petite flowers. And in case you are wondering, the vintage pearl headpins are also available at Bumbershoot Supplies, in the vintage beads section.

I invite you to let me know what you're doing with these lovely flowers, I'd love to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment