Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Studio Snapshot. Vintage Postcard Inspiration


Early 1900's antique post card...

Although I regularly sell vintage and antique post cards at Bumbershoot Supplies, there are a few that I keep for myself because they inspire or touch me in some way. This card sits on a shelf in my studio, by the ribbons I use to wrap up jewelry purchases, so I see it all the time. I love this card because it reminds us that amidst winter, the memory and the reality of spring is still present. It also reminds me of my snowy Canadian childhood - we don't get much snow here in Seattle. Plus the back of the card is very sweet, it was written by a mother on behalf of her young daughter, clearly too young to write herself: "Here is a card Miss Olga McMillan sends to Marie. I would like to ask you what do you want Santa Claus to bring you for Xmas. I remain your friend." The address is merely a name, city and state.  Imagine that... 

No comments:

Post a Comment