Thursday, October 21, 2010

Look What I Found. Vintage Handpainted Japanese Kiddy Jewelry Set



If you have visited Bumbershoot Supplies, you know we carry a lot of vintage Japanese handpainted flower cabochons and embellishments, ranging in age from the 1940's to the 1960's.  I have never met a handpainted vintage flower cabochon that I didn't like :) and I'm convinced you can never have too many flowers of any kind in your life.  Imagine my delight when I discovered this handpainted "kiddy set" in a Seattle antique store I visited for the first time last week.


This charming set consists of a bracelet, ring and flower basket pin, all painted in soft colors that have faded perfectly with time.  The bracelet is exquisite, with roses, daisies and lily of valley curving around the sides. These pieces are tiny - this set was designed for a very little girl. Remember playing dress up way back when?  Perhaps you still do sometimes :)  How wonderful it was to have a matched set of jewelry - these 3 pieces would make it a "demi parure" in costume jewelry jargon. Very special.


Emma and I still enjoy playing dress up sometimes. Indeed, we were at the antique store looking at some vintage dresses for Emma.  She found a wonderful 1950's - 1960's navy with white polka dot dress with matching jacket.  It came home with us and looks fabulous with her vintage white gloves and the navy hat in this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment