Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Featured Artist Update. Sarah Elder of My So Called Junky Life on Etsy Published in Jewelry Affaire


Have you seen the latest issue of Jewelry Affaire by Stampington?
Sarah Elder of My So Called Junky Life, featured artist on this blog in May, has a gorgeous bracelet published on page 80 of this issue! Sarah's bracelet is on the left. Whose bracelet is on the right? Scroll down to find out...

In the article Sarah is quoted discussing how she is inspired by the 1920's era, a time of many changes for women. Sarah often uses vintage rhinestone pieces in her designs, and this bracelet features a beautiful deco style rhinestone clip.

It was absolutely thrilling to see one of Sarah's beautiful designs featured in a prominent magazine. I returned to Sarah's design shop, My So Called Junky Life, to see what she had been up to.  And here is what I found...

Piece after piece...
...of beautiful, vintage inspired designs.


If you haven't yet visited, I hope you will take a trip to My So Called Junky Life to see Sarah's beautiful and inspired designs. And don't forget her supplies shop by the same name, for a fine selection of vintage items for your art.  Plus I enjoy keeping in touch with Sarah via the RSS feed for Sarah's blog, so I can recommend a trip to visit her there, too.

Now, the bracelet on the right is a design by the uber talented Kristen Robinson, who will be familiar to many of you if you read the Stampington magazines. Kristen is teaching an online class, Ethereal Bangles. It begins November 1, and I am very excited to be one of the students.  I'll post more about the class as we get into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment