Thursday, April 21, 2011

Featured Artist. Elizabeth Wise of 3elizabeths on Etsy


Want to brighten up your day?


Pay a visit to Elizabeth Wise's shop, 3elizabeths on Etsy.


Elizabeth sews market bags, wristlets and tiny bags out of the most colorful, eclectic and quirky fabrics imaginable.

She describes her fabric art pieces as “unique, one-of-a-kind confections”.


Elizabeth embellishes many of her bags with vintage crystal and rhinestone buttons from Bumbershoot Supplies - that is how I came to learn of her work.


I love the sense of fun and playfulness that Elizabeth communicates with these designs. The cheerfulness of these bags spills over into how they are presented. I don’t know what those eyes are but they make me smile. And take a second look.  So do the penguins.


I've focussed on her smaller bags in this blog post. In addition to these bags, at 3elizabeths you will also find handmade aprons, bows, collages and collaged blank journals. So for a pick-me-up and some wonderful design, color and pattern inspiration, consider a visit to 3elizabeths on Etsy. Say hi to Elizabeth while you are there!

1 comment:

  1. sharon, you made my day in a gloomy week! thanks ever so much, your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete